Sorry to report that: THE KACHINA TOURNAMENT SCHEDULED FOR NOVEMBER 4-7 HAS BEEN CANCELED.
Congratulations to Tor Thorsen our unit's newest Bronze Life Master.
Scheduled for Thursday, November 4 through Sunday, November 7 at In Tempo Bridge Club, Scottsdale.
This year non-life master sessions are planned. Please mark you calendars. See flyer under "tournaments" tab.
Scheduled for Thursday, November 24 through Sunday, December 4. It is being held at the PHX Convention Center, directly across the street from the downtown Hyatt and a block from the Sheraton. Unit 354 sure could use some volunteers to help staff this event.
The current staff is as follows:
- Finance Chair - Jennifer O’Neill
- Publicity Chair - Joyce Keane
- Registration Chair - Sharon Neff
- I/N Program Chair - Stephanie Haddy
- Fundraising Chair - Susan Kraght
- Partnership Chair - Phebe PackerWith the possible exception of the Finance Chair, all of these groups will need volunteers at varying times before and during the NABC.IN addition, the following Committee Chair positions are currently unfilled:
- VOLUNTEER COORDINATOR - our most pressing need now. This is the person who will recruit volunteers and help staff the other committees.
- Information Chair - Organizes information for participants regarding restaurants, local sightseeing spots, shopping etc. Usually prepares handouts for players with maps. Coordinate with PHX Tourist Bureau
- Prizes Chair - Select Section Prizes etc
- Charity Pair - Organize events to raise money for designated charity
- Transportation & Parking Chair - not needed until a few weeks before the event (gets parking passes, hands out discounts etc)